OpenPlay has been evolving – developing innovative software products for the sports and leisure industry. Our enterprise software, provides unmatched functionality to help operators thrive, bringing a seamless experience for both customers and staff. Our future focus will centre around three priorities which will commit us to a culture of innovation, to operate as a high performing team and grow our presence and profile.
OpenPlay is a growing scale-up at a very exciting and pivotal time in our journey. We’ve recently raised investment to build our new product and will grow rapidly throughout 2021 and beyond with confirmed orders already signed despite COVID-19.
This is the opportunity for the right person to put a stamp on the company and see your work make a real difference. You will work alongside a passionate team led by dedicated founders. It’s not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to work.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Technical Project Manager with Scrum Master or Scrum experience. The candidate will ideally from a product background who has delivered IT and Software projects through Agile.
The role will be responsible for managing the end to end delivery of the project, whilst supporting the technical and product teams to work efficiently with our partners. You will have a sharp eye for detail and be well versed in Jira – able to utilise its reporting suite to demonstrate value and improve our ways of working.
You will be hyper-organised with strong interpersonal skills to engage and communicate with a range of project stakeholders. Your Scrum or Scrum Master experience will help facilitate our technical team in adopting and maintaining Agile Values and Principles.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain our delivery processes, facilitating sprint ceremonies and supporting our release management schedule
- Maximise Jira’s reporting suite to provide actionable insight to the Scrum Team and wider project stakeholders
- Deliver administrative tasks and services for all aspects of the project including the software development cycle
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Tech Lead/CTO to understand and shape the Product Backlog;
- Help increase collaboration and transparency between our partners and the tech team with excellent communication skills;
- Provide mentoring within the team to support in executing the delivery objective, and embedding agile and continuous delivery best practices;
- Help identify impediments, or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right solutions to remove the impediment; and
- Build a trusting and safe environment, where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Manage relationships and communication with key project stakeholders
- Provide clear ownership and visibility for any project risks and issues to the project stakeholders
- Holding our team and partners to account allowing our workflows and processes to improve
- A minimum of 3 years full-time experience of working as an Agile Project Manager with accompanying project management certifications
- A minimum of 2 years full-time experience as a Scrum Master / Agile Coach; or similar qualifications as a Certified Scum Master
- Strong experience of using JIRA it’s reporting suite and plugin Actionable Agile
- Experience of working with a remote Tech Team;
- Project Management experience in an IT or Software based project
- An attentive and empathic nature, with diplomacy and cooperation skills;
- A passion for agile and advocate of best practices across lean principles;
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with a real interest in solving problems and focusing on results
- Thorough SDLC knowledge and experience; and
- Highly organised with strong project management skills
- Product or technical background
- Experience of other project frameworks such as RUP / OUP, DSDM, Lean, Kanban
- Previous experience on SaaS software projects
- Jira Certifications
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- The equipment you need to do the job
- Flexible working policy
- Dedicated training budget
- Strong team culture with regular social events (COVID permitting)
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
How to apply
Please email us a completed application form and CV to email@example.com
Please include the following alongside your application, if you fail to add these then your application may be rejected:
- Salary expectations