United Kingdom / Remote
OpenPlay is a B2B SaaS company focused on the sports and leisure industry. We are actively developing a new platform that aims to be a complete software solution for all aspects sport and leisure management.We want to hire an experienced PHP developer to join our remote team full time and help drive our new product forward, shaping requirements, designing system architecture and most importantly, committing great code.
Essential skills: PHP, MySQL, Laravel or Symfony experience, PHPUnit testing, basic JS and frontend, Git version control.
Nice to haves: Advanced JS, React, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Dusk tests, Agile Scrum
Deep technical knowledge – Modern PHP (7+) skills, good OOP practice, an ability to design and structure maintainable code in a way that goes beyond just MVC CRUD.
Great communication skills – We’re a remote team and it’s important we communicate well. You may find yourself interacting with clients and explaining technical issues to a non-technical audience.
Positive attitude – We’re a friendly and informal company, we expect everyone to be able to get along well, support each other and work with a positive attitude. No coding rockstars or prima donnas please.
Confidence & independence – We focus on results and don’t micromanage.
Whilst we have an office in London the bulk of the team works remotely, mostly from the UK with a few further afield. We work to UK time but are flexible to fit everyone’s lives. We follow Agile Scrum project management with Jira and have an experienced project manager and scrum master to facilitate this for us.
– Laravel 8 with MySQL database for our main application, with customer facing React frontends and a blade powered admin panel.
– Docker local development environment and Kubernetes in production running on AWS (EKS, RDS, Elasticache, S3).
– A react native mobile app and other side projects including hardware integrations for point-of-sale machines, entry turnstiles, facial recognition and more.
– Github with a Circle CI pipeline for testing and deployment.
– Multiple staging and QA environments for testing.
Please include your location, availability and salary expectations with your CV.
Finally, although the product is sports focused, only around 20% of the team could actually explain the offside rule to you, so please don’t let that put you off : )