OpenPlay has developed innovative software products for the sports and leisure industry. Our enterprise software, Flow, provides unmatched functionality to help operators thrive, bringing a seamless experience for both customers and staff.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and talented junior designer to join us and help shape the design of our core products. We currently have a very small design team at OpenPlay so the right person will have opportunities to develop and grow with us, have ownership of their projects and be able to make a real impact with their work pretty quickly.
Reporting to the UI/UX Designer you will be helping to design complex software interfaces and user flows for our sports & leisure management software as well as working on new features and improvements for our mobile apps.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with UI/UX designer on the research and ideation phase of new features for our products – gathering requirements, assisting in workshops, creating user personas and rapid prototyping as necessary.
- Working with the product manager to facilitate user testing and gathering feedback.
- Research & design of new features for our mobile apps based on user feedback.
- Working with UI/UX designer to maintain and update the design system.
- Translate requirements and user stories into wireframes, clickable prototypes and eventually detailed and intuitive UI designs which are consistent with the design system.
- Always advocating for our end users and their experience of our products, be that our clients, their customers or their staff.
- 1-3 years experience working as UI/UX/Digital Designer or similar role.
- Portfolio of UI/UX design projects that show us your working style/process.
- Experience with digital design and prototyping software (We use mainly Figma).
- Basic understanding of the User Centred Design process and keen to up-skill and learn about new design methodologies to inform working style.
- Working knowledge of UI accessibility standards and their importance.
- Problem solving mindset with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and openness to collaborate with stakeholders and developers.
We operate a hybrid working policy with an office at Uncommon in London Bridge that includes:
- Monthly team breakfast;
- Monthly drinks / socials;
- Weekly tea & cake;
- Complementary fitness classes (yoga and pilates);
- We will get you a shiny new Macbook; and
- Provision for a training and development to help you thrive.