OpenPlay is a digital platform operating in the UK, Ireland, UAE, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore that connects people to sports facilities and activities. It offers a search engine and a ‘nudge tool’ with curation based around user preferences, with quick easy online booking. The core product is a comprehensive online booking system for venues and activity providers allowing them to generate and manage bookings both offline and online.
Some of our achievements include
- Supplying booking solutions some of the largest sports centres in the world
- Working with the Olympic park to get more people active
- Providing activity and coach management for multiple premier league clubs
- Partnering with Nike and other brands to promote sport across various media campaigns
- Powering the largest indoor sports arena in the UAE, handling check-in and bookings for over 10K people a day
- Helping thousands of people find other players and matches via our online marketplace and app
- Supplying online booking for some of London’s largest parks such as Hyde Park, Regents Park, Finsbury park, Clissold Park and countless others
We’re looking for a experienced Laravel developer to join full time to help us with our growth and join the company at this exciting stage.
Day to day tasks
As with any startup the work is varied, but here’s some of the things you may be working on
Working alongside project and account managers to identify and develop new features for our core booking system – this could be adding a new report, fixing an issue, adding some more flexibility to the booking process etc
Improving https://www.openplay.co.uk for our 100,000+ users
Developing new endpoints for our APIs
Investigating new areas of interest for our business including mobile payments, keyless entry systems, iBeacons etc
The main stack at the moment is:
- Laravel 5.x,
- Ionic hybrid apps
- All hosted on AWS deployed via codeship with forge/envoyer
However we are migrating to gitlab/dockerisation of our offerings (the main app is comprised of smaller, independent apps) and certain elements may be spun off into non-laravel based apps.
Day to day we use a semi-formal JIRA/SCRUM approach with daily standard ups and communication via slack/skype etc where need be (some of the devs are based outside of London but in the UK)
Experience with a Modern PHP MVC framework, preferably Laravel 5.x
Experience in HTML5, JS and CSS / SASS
Git workflow experience
Easy going nature (no prima donnas please) and self starters – you will have a high degree of autonomy in your day to day work as well as development decisions – we don’t like to micro-manage.
Personable and able to liase with non-technical staff/clients as required – you may be required to attend meetings on client site (both in the UK and abroad)
Nice to haves
Decent experience in SPAs (angular/vue etc) and writing automated tests (phpunit, dusk etc)
Eye for design – we dont need to create UIs from scratch but ideally you would be able to create new pages based on other designs
The majority of work (4 out of 5 days) will be out of our office in Clerkenwell London, so this role would only suit applicants who are able and willing to travel into London. There may be some flexibility on this for the right candidate or if a larger piece of work
How to apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your availability, CV and any other details you may have – No agencies please
Like this article? there’s more where that came from.
- UK remote full stack Laravel developer
- How to retain key staff members at your gym, fitness studio or sports centre
- From Western Australia to New South Wales: Your state by state guide to grassroots sports funding
- PayPal vs Stripe? Which payment gateway is better?
- Word of Mouth Marketing: How to create an effective gym member referral programme